My teaching focus is on welfare issues, e.g. the rise and change of the welfare state, and welfare developments in a more global setting. Pedagogically, I am devoted to student centred teaching where my students' creative and reflexive capabilities are well reflected.
Research wise I have been working lately with learning in work. This has been happening in cooperation between the School of Social Work and the Helsingborg local council. The focus has been on what makes professionals and teachers in social work learn new skills. A report from the project is in its finalising stages and will in November be available here in full text.
Another project I am involved in concerns retirement planning. It is an international project looking into how a pension regime can be understood based in how people actually prepare themselves for their retirement and how that plays along with the context surrounding it. Interviews have been done in Australia, Brazil, Denmark, New Zealand, Sweden and USA. A chapter based on part of the work is in a book we published in 2007. A project that has been running for quite some time, and in which I finalised my doctoral thesis ten years ago about corporations, employers and employees, and pensions, is still alive and kicking. The latest published text is about the development of the Swedish public pension introduced in 1948.
Retrieved from Lund University's publications database
- Pension reform in New Zealand and Sweden - A comparative analysis of path dependent reform processes
- Pension reform in New Zealand and Sweden : a comparative analysis of path dependent reform processes
- Revealing the traits of workfare : the Swedish example
- Socionomutbildning - mellan förnyelse och tradition
- Bryggeriers personals pensionsförhållanden före 1960
- Equality and pension reform in Sweden
- Social consequences of changing labour market conditions and undeserved personal virtues : lectures on age, class, ethnicity and gender
- Tjänstepension i bryggeribransch : några anmärkningar om dess nivå under förra delen av 1900-talet
- Arbetsgivare och pensioner. Industriarbetsgivarna och tjänstepensioneringen i Sverige 1900-1948
- Socialkonservatism i nya kläder : tjänstepensionering vid Aktiebolaget Robertsfors Bruk : 1900-1948
- Svensk socialpolitik
- The Swedish labour Market : Welfare State in Transition : Workfare a Call for Work Obligations as a Mere Moral Device
- Tjänstepensionering före ATP : framväxten och innebörden av oantastbara pensioner för anställda i enskild tjänst