PhD in social work, Associate Senior Lecturer
I work as a lecturer and divide my time between the School of Social Work at Lund University and the research centre CASE (Centre for Ageing and Supportive Environments). CASE is an interdisciplinary centre that conducts research on the aging person and population, and supportive environments for mobility, activity and health.
I teach mainly on the second and sixth semester of the BsC Social Work programme. On the second semester, I work with reflection groups in the course Social Science and Social Work. The course aims to provide students with basic knowledge of social science perspectives and theories. I am also a tutor on the essay course. I have also taught in qualitative methods and evaluation methodology at Jönköping University.
I finished my PhD in 2010 and my dissertaton was The Trivial Matters. Everyday power in Swedish eldercare. My research is characterized by an interest in power relations in seemingly everyday situations. I find it fascinating to dive into the empirical material and by using theoretical concepts gain new understanding. By studying specific situations an abstract phenomenon such as power becomes possible to investigate empirically.
My research is also characterized by a methodological breadth and my scientific publications are based on qualitative interviews, conversations, and field observations, and standardized telephone interviews. My overall research interests are:
- Social policy aspects of elderly care
- Power and influence
- Social work with a focus on the elderly
- Quality management in health care
- Scientific perspectives on evaluation and the role of evaluation in the community.
- A member of the research network "welfare for living conditions", led by Professor Emerita Rosmari Eliasson-Lappalainen, Lund University
- Member of the research network KIVOS, "Communication in health care and social work" which consists of Swedish and Norwegian scholars from different research fields, but with a common interest in communication in health care and social work.
- Member of SVUF, The Swedish Evaluation Association.
- Member of SGS, The Swedish Serontological Society
- Member of the the National Network for Geriatrics Research in the Social Sciences.
Retrieved from Lund University's publications database
- Ett värdigt liv är inte det samma som ett normalt liv – ett samtal
- Framing spaces in places: Creating ''respite spaces'' in dementia care settings.
- Introducing a model of normalization in long term care
- Sill och potatis till den ena och entrecote till den andra? Individanpassning och likvärdighet på särskilda boenden för äldre.
- Communication technologies and older people’s social networks – a literature review
- Seeking exemptions from nursing home routines. Residents’ everyday influence attempts in relation to institutional order
- That's not my Robert! Identity maintainance and other warrants in family members' claims about mistreatment in old-age care
- The Trivial Matters. Everyday power in Swedish elder care