I teach different classes in the graduate programme at the School of Social Work and supervise students at different levels.
My research concerns social history with a focus on the treatment of poor migrants in the Swedish context. For my dissertation (The Gypsy Question. Intervention and Romanticism, 2002) I studied the Swedish policies on Roma groups during the last century. Later I studied the emergence and development of the institutionalized reception of refugees in the Swedish welfare services. Later research projects concern health policies, migration and social work.
Current research projects:
- Migrants in the Swedish social welfare
- Swedish welfare policies and the Roma groups
- Health policies, Migration and Social Work
- Member of Romani Studies Institute (Sweden)
- Member of Research Network: Roma and Resande in the Nordic countries (RORHIN), Hugo Valentin Institute, Uppsala
- Member of the international editorial board for Serviço Social & Sociedade, Sao Paolo, Brasil