Experiential Knowledge in Higher Education
Experiental Knowledge in Higher Education is a strategic partnership between twelve universities from ten countries in Europe. The three year project focuses on creating educations on experiental knowledge and building strategies for strengthening and individualizing professional educations (for social workers and nurses), to strengthen students in their personal and professional development.
The collaboration is a long-term development work together with social colleges in ten countries. They all have experience in integrating and developing methods in different ways, which means that experience-based knowledge is utilized to strengthen students and to make them better equipped to withstand various challenges in social work, to be enduring and creative in a tough and important work.
The students will be part of the work of developing new methods to strengthen them as social workers. The project will also contribute with knowledge about how the universities can meet up to students from different backgrounds to succeed with their studies and with their future profession.
The project aims to reach the following results:
- A strong cooperation partnership between 12 higher education institutes in 10 different countries, and their local partners, sharing and developing approaches of personalised learning and inclusive education, with an emphasis on experiential knowledge.
- Identify key principles and design a framework for the integration of experiential knowledge in the context of personalised inclusive education.
- lncrease students, and academics' awareness and skills harnessing using personal experiences as a source of knowledge.
- Develop flexible didactical and pedagogical methods pertaining to personalised inclusive learning.
- Develop training and coaching toolkits for students, academics and people with service user experience acting as co-lecturers in the curricula.
- Creation of a website that serves as a digital open-access platform containing information about the project, the collaborative partnership and gives access to all the project outputs, like e-learning programmes and toolkits.
cecilia [dot] heule [at] soch [dot] lu [dot] se
Phone: +46 70 743 40 01